RELENG_7/i386: ZFS constant panic on file system writes

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Wed Apr 8 00:18:01 PDT 2009

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

PJD> > DM> could you please help me a bit with *very* unpleasant situation: one of my
PJD> > DM> servers with very large ZFS reboots on most write requests to one (largest,
PJD> > DM> which effectively prohibits recreating) ZFS file system with
PJD> > DM>
PJD> > DM> panic: avl_find() succeeded inside avl_add()
PJD> >
PJD> > Is there a way I can clear the directory in question? Even the latest -current
PJD> > panics when I try to access the directory containing this file.
PJD>
PJD> Could you try running 'zpool scrub' on this pool? Nothing better comes
PJD> to my mind, it looks like some kind of internal inconsistency and
PJD> hopefully scrub will be able to find it. Could you also show 'zpool status'
PJD> output?

zpool status is showing everything ok:

marck at moose:~> zpool status
  pool: m
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: none requested
config:

	NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	m           ONLINE       0     0     0
	  raidz1    ONLINE       0     0     0
	    ad4h    ONLINE       0     0     0
	    ad6h    ONLINE       0     0     0
	    ad8h    ONLINE       0     0     0
	    ad10h   ONLINE       0     0     0
	    ad12h   ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

will try scrub, thank you!

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]