FreeBSD 7.2-BETA1 tcp retransmit crash

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sun Apr 5 16:59:05 UTC 2009

On Sun, 5 Apr 2009, Blapp, Martin wrote:

Hi Martin,

> Looks like the same problem as PR 129197 (FreeBSD 7 panic)

> OS:     FreeBSD 7.2 BETA1
> PF:      Enabled
> SACK: net.inet.tcp.sack.enable: 1
>
> Happens after some/many soabort calls ...  I can reproduce it
> after 3-4 hours running time. Currently I'm testing a workaround
> but I guess the underlying problem should be fixed.

I had added a few assertions to HEAD last autumn to catch (possibly
different) but still same panics that I haven't MFCed yet.

I'll try to get the list of revisions together and get you a diff.
With that I'd expect you to either hit a KASSERT or a pnic.

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                      The greatest risk is not taking one.