7.1-PRERELEASE : bad network performance (nfe0)

Arno J. Klaassen arno at heho.snv.jussieu.fr
Tue Sep 30 14:35:29 UTC 2008

Robert Watson <rwatson at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> On Mon, 29 Sep 2008, Arno J. Klaassen wrote:
>
> > However, the "request/respones" tests are awfull for my notebook
> > (test repeated on the notebook for the sake of conviction) :
>
> Is it possible to rerun these tests with a 7.0 kernel of the same
> general configuration?  That would help us determine if it's a
> regression between 7.0 and 7.1,

7.0-RELEASE-p4 kernel (and 7.1 world) as well as 7.0-RELEASE
life-cd give same results : great streaming, very poor
request/response

> or perhaps a more general issue
> between 6.x and 7.x.

nve(4) does not recognise this chip.

If someone does have a bootable 6-stable .iso with
a backported nfe(4) ... or email if_nfe.ko to me
and I will tes under 6-stable

For now I will test the patches Pyun and Luigi sent me
and let you know.

Best, arno