Rare problems in upgrade process (corrupted FS?)

Jordi Espasa Clofent jespasac at minibofh.org
Fri Sep 26 11:23:23 UTC 2008

> I would do the following:
>
> rm -fr /usr/src/*
> rm -fr /var/db/sup/src-all
> csup -h <cvsupserver> -L 2 -g /usr/share/examples/stable-supfile

I've done it. But the results are, at least, curious...

# csup -h cvsup.de.FreeBSD.org -L 2 -g
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile
Parsing supfile "/usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup.de.FreeBSD.org
Connected to 212.19.57.134
Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection src-all/cvs
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully

# cd /usr/src ; ls -la
total 0

Anythings exists now in /usr/src.

I've tried again using another mirror and cvsup(1) instead of csup(1).
Same results: nothing in /usr/src.

It's desconcerting....

> I can assure you /sys/amd64/conf/GENERIC exists, and is on the cvsup
> mirrors.

Yes, of course. I've checked it from cvsweb.

> Superblock problems wouldn't explain this; there are hundreds of
> superblocks available (you wouldn't be able to use your machine if they
> were all horked).

I've supposed it; your words confirm it.

--
Thanks,
Jordi Espasa Clofent