iwn(4) (Intel 4965 wireless) backport

Gavin Atkinson gavin at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 23 14:11:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 16:08 +0300, Stefan Lambrev wrote:
> Hi Gavin,
>
> Gavin Atkinson wrote:

> >> I've got hold of a laptop with the 4965 chipset in it, if nobody beats
> >> me to it I'll have a go at backporting the driver.
> >>

> > OK, I've backported the iwn(4) driver for the Intel 4965 wireless
> > chipset to 7-STABLE.
> >
> > You need both of:
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~gavin/iwn-7/iwn-7.tgz

> No messages just a reset... FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #29: Tue Jul 29 16:13:47
> EEST 2008 i386
> May be I should try with more recent -stable ?

Are you loading this while in X or on the console?  If X, can you try
from a console and see if anything else happens before the reboot (like
a panic)?

I don't believe there are any changes between 7.0 and stable that would
result in a panic under an earlier version.  You could try recompiling
your kernel with "options GDB/KDB/DDB" and "makeoptions DEBUG=-g" and
see if you get dropped to the debugger, if you do the result of the
command "bt" would be very useful.

Thanks,

Gavin