Is it safe to delete /bin/[ && /usr/bin/false?

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue Sep 2 19:09:37 UTC 2008

On 2008-Sep-02 10:49:43 -0700, chris#@1command.com wrote:
>Well, I en devoured to install a copy of 7 as an effort to upgrade
>one of our servers. After installing a few ports, I began to notice:
>[: -le: argument expected messages being emitted during the configure/make
>process.

This probably indicates badly written configure scripts that have
things like "[ 23 -le $x ]" but don't set $x.  The solution is to
write patches for the configure scripts and feed them back upstream.

> I've already invested a fair amount of time on this upgrade,
>and /really/ don't want to wipe the disk(s) and start all over.

I'm not sure how this will help.

> This
>issue is not new to me - see thread:[: -le: argument expected for details.

You haven't mentioned where this thread exists - definitely not here.

--
Peter Jeremy