Is it safe to delete /bin/[ && /usr/bin/false?

chris# at 1command.com chris# at 1command.com
Tue Sep 2 18:44:37 UTC 2008

Quoting Bill Campbell <freebsd at celestial.com>:

> No it isn't safe to delete these as many, many scripts depend on them.

LOL yes, I knew that :) My chosen title for the thread is more a reflection
of my frustration with this problem. I'm hoping that a solution is possible.
Because /bin/[ & /usr/bin/false are used to evaluate conditionals. It is
/quite/ necessary for me to resolve /why/ this keeps happening. As nothing
(many||most) things will not work as intended - if at all until the problem
is found & fixed.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

--Chris