Status of Flash 9 on stable

Sean C. Farley scf at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 16 16:48:59 PDT 2008

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008, Kostik Belousov wrote:

> Hmm, finaly I noted this thread. There is one more patch in the
> pipeline for 7 that is needed, as I was told. Testing of that patch
> seems to be stalled, so I am interested in the feedback.
>
> Possible rejects of the $FreeBSD$ chunks are fine.

This patch works for me for most things.  I am curious if the removal of
bsm/audit_kevents.h in two files is desired or not.

I have found that trying to run something on hulu.com in Hi-Res 480p
instead of Std-Res 360p locks up Flash and the browser.  I have to run
killall npviewer.bin to get the browser back and remove the
npviewer.bin.core file from my home directory.  This is reproducible
every time at least for me.  Of course, this could be an nspluginwrapper
or even Linux flash issue.

Sean
--
scf at FreeBSD.org