Status of Flash 9 on stable

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Thu Oct 16 16:13:47 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008, at 16:52:35 -0500, Sean C. Farley wrote:
> I had something like that until I smacked my forehead after a few
> hours and realized I had not added linprocfs to /etc/fstab.  That may
> be your problem at least with nspluginwrapper.
>
> Sean

linprocfs was indeed not mounted, sorry about that. With it mounted
native Firefox 3 with nspluginwrapper and both Linux Firefoxes do not
crash/hang anymore and everything appears to be playing good and smooth
so far :).

linux-opera still does the "plugin not responding" on Flash and doesn't
play. Not sure if this issue should be in a separate thread, but here's
a little ktrace data from when the hang is happening in case it's
helpful. This repeats for the entire kdump file after running ktrace
for ~30 seconds during the hang:

----------
  9151 opera    CALL  compat.gethostid(0x6d,0xffffb35c,0,0,0xffffb3e4)
  9151 opera    RET   compat.gethostid 0
  9151 opera    CALL  mincore(0xffffb3e4,0)
  9151 opera    RET   mincore 0
  9151 opera    CALL  kill(0x286b,SIG 0)
  9151 opera    RET   kill 0
  9151 opera    CALL  compat.gethostid(0x6d,0xffffb35c,0,0,0xffffb3e4)
  9151 opera    RET   compat.gethostid 0
  9151 opera    CALL  mincore(0xffffb3e4,0)
  9151 opera    RET   mincore 0
  9151 opera    CALL  kill(0x286b,SIG 0)
  9151 opera    RET   kill 0

Thanks!

-Mark

--
Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)