Request for testing: ata(4) MFC

Andrey V. Elsukov bu7cher at yandex.ru
Thu Oct 16 09:15:52 UTC 2008

Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> - Could someone provide an explanation of the 48-bit LBA addressing
>   changes (see lines 988-1003 in the patch)?  I'd like to know what they
>   do, and if further QA/testing is needed with this.

I think this is for debug purposes.

> - Can we please see about adding the FreeNAS project's ata timeout
>   sysctls?  I see lots of delays/sleeps in numerous pieces of code that
>   pertain to soft or hard resets of AHCI controllers, and I often worry
>   about the implications of hard-coded timeouts.
>
>   http://freenas.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/freenas/trunk/build/kernel-patches/ata/files/patch-ata.diff?view=markup

As i remember changes in FreeNAS don't change timeouts for resets.
In any case, these changes can not be in 7.1-RELEASE. My patch
targeted to move changes from CURRENT to 7.1. But it seems there
are too few testers and patch can not be commited.

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov