FreeBSD 7.1 and BIND exploit

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Sun Jul 20 04:40:35 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 09:36:38PM -0600, Brett Glass wrote:
> At 09:28 PM 7/19/2008, Subhro wrote:
>
> >You need to understand the release engineering process of FreeeBSD.
>
> I've been watching it (and testing release candidates) since 2.x, so
> I think I may possibly have some understanding of it by now. ;-)
>
> >The release edition is essential created from the stabe edition. 7.1R
> >would not be something new which is *not* present on 7-STABLE today.
>
> Mostly true. But the new release would undergo extensive testing, and
> changes which were "not ready for prime time" would be rolled back or
> made solid. I've had enough trouble with some recent snapshots of
> -STABLE that I'd rather install a release that's been thoroughly
> tested... preferably with the latest ports. That's why I'm asking
> about the likely actual release date of 7.1.

The best thing a looking glass can come up with is:

http://www.freebsd.org/releng/#schedule

But that unless an announcement that as much worth as the lifetime
of the electrons hitting the back of your eyes.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |              Weblog: http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/