firefox-2.0.0.11_1, 1 refuses to build because PORT_REPLACES_BASE_BIND

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 23 11:35:33 PST 2008

Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 05:09:23PM +0000, Robert Jameson wrote:
>> I ran into a problem today trying to build the latest firefox in ports firefox-2.0.0.11_1,1.
>> firefox-2.0.0.11_1,1: bind installed with PORT_REPLACES_BASE_BIND causes build problems.
>
> That seems fairly self-explanatory to me and has been the case for over
> two years.  (The relevant test is at the end of the "gecko-post-patch"
> target in www/mozilla/Makefile.common).

FYI, if the ports freeze ever ends I plan to split the bind94 port into
binaries and libs, and turn off the installation of libs and headers for
bind9; so this test will need to be adjusted.

Doug