NO_ knobs in /etc/make.conf

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Mon Jan 21 05:31:01 PST 2008

Hello!

In earlier releases, /etc/make.conf had various NO_ knobs such as
NO_SENDMAIL or NO_IPFILTER to avoid building specific parts of the system
during buildworld. In FreeBSD 7 they seem to be gone? At least they are not
listed in /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf, or make.conf(5). I'm
specifically curious about NO_SENDMAIL. With earlier FreeBSD versions I
added this to make.conf after installing Postfix, thinking that this way
installworld won't overwrite my Postfix port. Is this no longer necessary?

--
Toomas Aas