Kernel panic when kldunload acpi_video

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue Jan 15 17:55:00 PST 2008

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:20:37 -0500
Nathan Lay <nslay at comcast.net> wrote:

> This happens to me as well on a Thinkpad T43...both on 6.2 and 7.0-RC1.

thanks for the info.

I rebuilt the kernel (but not world yet) with latest src :

FreeBSD ayiin.xxx.com.au 7.0-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-PRERELEASE #15: Wed Jan 16 10:28:53 EST 2008     root at ayiin.xxxx.com.au:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/AYIIN  i386

i rebooted into single user mode. Loaded acpi_video (I took it out of my loader.conf.local), I removed it and Boom!, panic.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Humans die and turn to dust, but writing makes us remembered"
  4000-year-old words of an Egyptian scribe