FreeBSD 7.1-RC2 Available...

Martin nakal at web.de
Sun Dec 28 17:04:23 UTC 2008

Am Sun, 28 Dec 2008 10:33:25 -0500
schrieb "SDH Admin" <admin at stardothosting.com>:

> Try burning new cd media and/or try another cd-rom drive if possible,
> if the acpi/dma doesn't work.

Hi,

I've tried that already with RC1. I've burned it multiple times and
tried 3 drives. It seems someone removed CD emulation boot from the
livefs CD. It won't work with older PCs anymore. I'm using 8.0-CURRENT
now, but I wanted to give you people a notice. Sometimes a live CD is
useful and perhaps you won't be able to boot it anymore.

I just realized that the CD is not booting on older PCs only, that's
why noone is really concerned about it here, perhaps thinking that I'm
not able to burn an ISO or something like that. But I can definitely
boot 8-CURRENT livefs without problems, so at least it's not a drive
problem.

--
Martin