recent regression with REL7 and Zfs

Henri Hennebert hlh at restart.be
Thu Aug 28 18:22:49 UTC 2008

Thierry Herbelot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using a recent 7.0-Stable (x86) and a Zfs pool for my data.
>
> After the dtrace import, I have updated my sources (and make buildworld, make
> buildkernel) and I no longer have access to my Zfs pool (just to be sure, I
> have since updated twice more to work around the announced issues).

Probably same problem here:

With new kernel (7.1-PRERELEASE) and a root file system under zfs, the
root can't be mounted and system stop with

message saying can't mount zfs:pool0

Manual root filesystem specification:
                        eg. ufs:da0s1a
   ?                  List valid disk boot devices
   <empty line>       Abort manual input

mountroot>

I revert to previous kernel and all is OK now.

Henri