WARNING: 7-STABLE BROKEN -- please wait to upgrade

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 27 17:29:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Robert Watson wrote:

> It looks like there have been several mismerges in the DTrace MFC.  We're
> currently assessing the damage to decide if it should be entirely backed
> out, or if we can just do some selective patching up.  In the mean time,
> please don't try to update -- wait for an all clear.

Just an update: John Baldwin has identified the set of problematic parts to
the change, and will shortly be backing them out.  Please continue to wait on
updating to the latest 7-STABLE until an explicit all clear message is sent.

Thanks,

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge