HEADS UP: inpcb/inpcbinfo rwlocking: coming to a 7-STABLE branch near you

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 18 08:14:21 UTC 2008

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008, Robert Watson wrote:

> This is an advance warning that, late next week, I will be merging a fairly
> large set of changes to the IPv4 and IPv6 protocols layered over the
> inpcb/inpcbinfo kernel infrastructure.  To be specific, this affects TCP,
> UDP, and raw sockets on both IPv4 and IPv6.  I will post a further e-mail
> announcement along with patch set and schedule in a day or two once it's
> prepared.

FYI: This patch has now been committed to Subversion.  I'll keep a close eye
out for difficulties; if you run into issues, please send me an e-mail (and CC
stable@).

Thanks,

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory