ICRC's

Larry Rosenman ler at lerctr.org
Mon Aug 11 01:48:24 UTC 2008

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 06:01:34PM -0500, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>
> You have one or more of the following:
>
> 1. Faulty ATA cable
> 2. Faulty ATA port
> 3. Faulty ATA controller (doubtful, unless the errors are specific
>   to one role (e.g. master or slave))
> 4. A 2nd disk which is equally as bad (came from the same manufacturing
>   batch, which is very likely if the drive is of the same vendor and
>   model type, and manufacturing date (within a month or two))

We have a winner.  I replaced the cable, and we get a clean scrub:

   pool: vault
  state: ONLINE
  scrub: scrub completed with 0 errors on Sun Aug 10 20:46:37 2008
config:

 	NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
 	vault       ONLINE       0     0     0
 	  raidz1    ONLINE       0     0     0
 	    ad6     ONLINE       0     0     0
 	    ad8     ONLINE       0     0     0
 	    ad10    ONLINE       0     0     0
 	    ad12    ONLINE       0     0     0
 	    ad14    ONLINE       0     0     0
 	  ad4s1f    ONLINE       0     0     0
 	  ad4s1e    ONLINE       0     0     0
 	  ad4s1d    ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

Much nicer.

Thanks, Jeremy!

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893