Problem with /boot/loader [A new patch]

Eugene Grosbein eugen at kuzbass.ru
Sat Aug 9 09:50:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 12:49:28PM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:

> My realization this morning is that software interrupts ('int X') in real mode
> disable interrupts just like hardware interrupts do.  Thus, my patch changes
> BTX to disable interrupts for both cases 1) and 2) now.  I think this will
> fix the hangs.  I'm still including the code to explicitly initialize the
> eflags for user requests to a known-good value.  It still has interrupts
> enabled which means that case 3) should know always run with interrupts
> enabled (which is the desired state), but the client can disable interrupts
> in the eflags in the vm86 structure if desired.
>
> The updated patch (same URL, new patch) is at
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/btx_hang.patch

Sigh, it does not fix my problem described here:

http://groups.google.ru/group/muc.lists.freebsd.stable/browse_thread/thread/538039f40b469e2a

I've just updated my 7.0-STABLE to latest sources, applied your patch
using "cd /usr/src; patch -p6 < ~/btx_hang.patch", it has applied cleanly.
Then I've rebuilt and reinstalled kernel and world and rebooted.
My problem persists as it was.

Eugene Grosbein