Packet-corruption with re(4)

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Tue Apr 29 20:59:18 UTC 2008

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 05:08:34 -0700
Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu at freebsd.org> wrote:

> I'd recommend staying away from Realtek NICs.  Pick up an Intel
> Pro/1000 GT or PT.  Realtek has a well-known history of issues.

I hear that story very often, so often that I almost think it's a fairy
tale. :-)
Most of the times the "RealTek NIC" story is told, it isn't backed up
with any references to evidence. Draw your own conclusions.

I can only tell in my experience (several motherboards from
different manufacturers) with integrated RealTek NICs, both 10/100 and
10/100/1000), RealTek NICs have mostly been working as advertised,
without trouble.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen