Dreadful gmirror performance, though each half works fine

Zaphod Beeblebrox zbeeble at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 18:34:31 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 7:18 AM, Pete French <petefrench at ticketswitch.com>
wrote:

> I am trying to run a system with a pair of drives mirrored under
> gmirror, one of thhem being local and the other remote using ggated.

I have experimented with this rather extensively and have operationally
decided not to use ggated in combination with gmirror --- it doesn't appear
to work as well as one might expect.

Some improvements were made to ggated awhile ago --- to improve error
recovery.  It should have helped, but didn't.

I'm somewhat vaguely wondering if zfs with one local and one ggated disk
will work well.