ataraid and glable interference

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnisec.de
Wed Apr 2 15:00:32 UTC 2008

Hello,

usually I use gmirror but today I wanted to use ataraid (Intel Matrix)
for a new system.
My filesystems are always mounted by label reference,
"/dev/ufs/testbox1ROOT /" for example.

The problem is that the system also sees the disks themself which are
components of the ataraid (ar0 = ad4+a6 and all 3 devices are present).
If I 'tunefs -L testbox1ROOT /dev/mirror/t1ROOT' then at startup geom
sees the "testbox1ROOT" label on ad4p2 and not on mirror/t1ROOT.

Is there a way to hide the real disks if they are members of an ataraid?

Thanks,

-Harry