ICH9 ethernet part (82566) woes

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 23:22:49 PDT 2007

On 9/20/07, Daniel O'Connor <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Jack Vogel wrote:
> > > Failing that.. Any idea how hard it would be to add the ID for this
> > > controller to the driver in 6.2? (ie does it need magic not present
> > > in the driver)
> >
> > Yes, I suppose its getting to be time to MFC, I had avoided it
> > because everyone was so happy and quiet :) One thing I was waiting on
> > was for the TSO code to get MFC'ed first, that would make it possible
> > to get all the features from HEAD.
>
> Understood.
>
> > Andre, any cycles to get to that soon?
> >
> > What you will be able to do shortly is download the new driver from
> > Intel, version 6.6.6 (LOL, really :), it has the nice feature of
>
> Heh, I look forward to testing Satan's own ethernet driver.. :)
>
> > being compilable for either 7 or 6. I just don't think its hit the
> > website quite yet, any day now. I have been real busy, but I will
> > begin the work to do an MFC.
>
> I had a look but I couldn't find any link to even an old driver (from
> the page mentioned in the README in /usr/src/sys/dev/em) - can you give
> me a hint where I'd find something?

http://downloadfinder.intel.com

Then on the side menu pick network connectivity, then server adapter,
and select an adapter, it shouldnt matter which. Once at that page
there is a pulldown for OS, select FreeBSD and tada...

I just looked however and the latest on there is from the last release,
6.5.6 which is only for 7.  E1000 was not the real focus of this
release, the new Oplin 10G was, however as I said, 6.6.6 has the
nice feature of compiling on both OS versions, and it has the support
you need.

Just give them a week and I think it will be there, maybe I can take
a break from my other work and get to the MFC.

Jack