ICH9 ethernet part (82566) woes

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Thu Sep 20 01:48:08 PDT 2007

I recently got a Supermicro C2SBA motherboard
http://supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Core2Duo/G33/C2SBA.cfm and I
have just found that the ethernet chip is not detected in 6.2 :(

It appears to be supported in HEAD but I'd rather not use that. I did
try a quick hack MFC for test purposes but it appears the em(4) driver
uses lots of wizz bang features :)

I had a look on Intel's site but that just points to FreeBSD.org..

Are there any plans to MFC it? I will have a deeper look on Monday to
try my own MFC again, although since I am lazy I'd prefer if someone's
already done the work :)

Failing that.. Any idea how hard it would be to add the ID for this
controller to the driver in 6.2? (ie does it need magic not present in
the driver)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum