Problems with FreeRADIUS in a jail

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Tue Sep 18 12:52:44 PDT 2007

I've been trying to get FreeRADIUS 2.0 working inside a FreeBSD
6.2-STABLE jail.

The work I've been doing with the Alan DeKok of FreeRADIUS starts with

https://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2007-September/065883.html

Here is the thread index :

https://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2007-September/thread.html#65883

I am way out of my depth at this point.  I thought I had the problem
found yesterday in FreeRADIUS but Alan says what I did to "fix" it
shouldn't work at all.  He seems to think it is a jail problem.

Is anybody else testing the new version of FreeRADIUS in a jail?

I would greatly appreciate any help I can get on this topic.

If someone wants to take a look at it, here is a script I am using to
get the current sources:

#!/bin/sh

DATE=`date +%Y%m%d`

fetch ftp://ftp.freeradius.org/pub/freeradius/snapshots/freeradius-server-snapshot-${DATE}.tar.bz2
tar -yxvf freeradius-server-snapshot-${DATE}.tar.bz2
rm -rf freeradius-server-snapshot
cp -rp freeradius-server-snapshot-${DATE} freeradius-server-snapshot

Thanks in advance!

lambert at lambertfam.org