Via padlock

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Wed Sep 12 07:06:12 PDT 2007

Daniel O'Connor wrote:
 > On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Minseok Choi wrote:
 > > I found out from googling that VIA Padlock would be supported in
 > > FreeBSD 6.2.
 > >
 > > But I don't know how to activate it.
 > > Is there any kernel configuration or specific application for the
 > > Padlock?
 >
 > It appears the man page is missing, but putting
 > device crypto
 > device padlock
 >
 > in your kernel should work.
 >
 > In 7.0 it's a module.

It's a module in 6.x, too.  I have the following line in
/boot/loader.conf on my RELENG_6 machine (VIA C3):

padlock_load="YES"

So there's no need to modify your kernel.

Best regards
   Oliver

"We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing,
are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
We have done so much, for so long, with so little,
we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."
        -- Mother Teresa