I can`t install BETA1.5 via ftp

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Sat Oct 27 13:00:50 PDT 2007

> I have some problems with installation of beta1.5 and beta1. That problems are:
>
>  1) I try to install system via "passive ftp". So, when I use DHCP nrtwork
> configuration anything works fine, but when I try to specify network configuration
> by hands (without using of DHCP) my system cant find any ftp mirror.
>
>  2) When you restart installation program, hav been formatted disks, and has began
> to copy "... base into /..." disk write error occur: " can`t write to diks... if
> full"
>
>  3) After all ports has been coppied, screen with message "LOCADET INDEX...."
> appear. After few minutes of this screen appear screen with information about
> that " SIG -10 has been caught..." and all installation fail!

	I didn't run into the first two of those myself. I installed with regular
ftp, DHCP'd and also by hand, and I found the mirrors fine. Maybe your using a
bad DNS server? For #2, you know you need to re-specify that volume is on what
disk. Even though you label/format previously, it doesn't remember well between
runs. As for #3, I tried to install Linux and got a SIG 11 the first time. I
didn't try the second time. I ended up rebooting, but the system was installed
fine.

	I think you need to solve the issues in the order you presented them.
You can always ALT-F# over to the "#" prompt and check your networking, etc.

			Tuc