kldxref: file isn't dynamically-linked -- expected behaviour?

Vlad GALU dudu at dudu.ro
Thu Oct 18 10:44:27 PDT 2007

On 10/18/07, Philipp Ost <pj at smo.de> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm currently upgrading from 6.2-STABLE (13 Oct. 2007) to RELENG_7. I
> did the following after csup'ing my sources:
> # make kernel-toolchain
> # make -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
> # make -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
>
> The last thing 'installkernel' reports is:
> [...]
> kldxref /boot/kernel
> kldxref: file isn't dynamically-linked
> [...]
>
> This message is repeated 514 times... ;-) Is this expected behaviour?
> Before I do a reboot I would like to make sure "everything works" as I
> rely on that particular machine.
>
> If needed I can provide full logs; MYKERNEL is a cut down version of
> GENERIC with atapicam, drm, radeondrm, sound added ;-)
>

> Thanks in advance for any hint/help!

   It's harmless. Once you boot with your new RELENG_7 they will
disappear on the next kernel build/install.

> Regards,
> Philipp
>
> --
> www.familie-ost.info/~pj

If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.
If it's not there, and you can see it, it's virtual.
If it's there, and you can't see it, it's transparent.
If it's not there, and you can't see it, you erased it.