kldxref: file isn't dynamically-linked -- expected behaviour?

Philipp Ost pj at smo.de
Thu Oct 18 10:14:16 PDT 2007

Hi list,

I'm currently upgrading from 6.2-STABLE (13 Oct. 2007) to RELENG_7. I
did the following after csup'ing my sources:
# make kernel-toolchain
# make -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
# make -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL

The last thing 'installkernel' reports is:
[...]
kldxref /boot/kernel
kldxref: file isn't dynamically-linked
[...]

This message is repeated 514 times... ;-) Is this expected behaviour?
Before I do a reboot I would like to make sure "everything works" as I
rely on that particular machine.

If needed I can provide full logs; MYKERNEL is a cut down version of
GENERIC with atapicam, drm, radeondrm, sound added ;-)

Thanks in advance for any hint/help!

Regards,
Philipp

--