Also seeing 2 x quad-core system slower that 2 x dual core

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Fri Nov 30 08:02:30 PST 2007

> Well, the "1" is a boolean so those values will probably also work, but
> the point was to disable apics 1,3,5 and 7 on the left hand side :)  In
> your case those are also valid but sometimes they are other numbers.

yes, I worked that out about 5 minutes after posting and making myself
look foolish ;) (and on the 3rd reboot I realised its 'disabled' not
'disable' but I got there in the end!).

Sorry I havent followe dup any of the oher emails just yet - I have ten
of these servers and todays projecst is to get amd64 onto all of them,
which I have been doing failry intensely most of the morning. When thats
done I will pick one new one and one old one and try some tests that people
have asked for.

cheers,

-pete.