missing .cshrc and pf.conf after upgrade to 7.0-beta3

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Wed Nov 21 02:55:32 PST 2007

pluknet wrote:
> Hello.
>
> On 21/11/2007, Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd at quip.cz> wrote:
>>I am not 100% sure, maybe I overlook something in binary major version
>>upgrade procedure, but after upgrade from 6.2 to 7.0-BETA3 my roots
>>~/.cshrc was "accidentally" replaced with dist version of .cshrc and
>
> It could happen if the 'UpdateIfUnmodified' directive in your
> freebsd-update.conf does not include /root/ path (/etc/ /var/ by
> default).

Hmmm it seems a little bit dangerous to me. OK, it is my fault.

>>/etc/pf.conf is missing.
>
> It was moved to examples just before 7.0-BETA3.

I had my pf.conf modified, but after upgrade and reboot, my machine
booted without firewall, because pf.conf is missing.

Now I am looking in to /var/db/freebsd-update/install.MvUwSa/INDEX-OLD
and /var/db/freebsd-update/install.MvUwSa/INDEX-NEW - /etc/pf.conf is
only in INDEX-OLD, /root/.cshrc is in both - but I do not know if it
means something, I do not know freebsd-update principles in conjunction
with INDEX-*.

Miroslav Lachman