Software for distribution of configuration files and changes

Søren Klintrup soren at klintrup.dk
Tue Nov 20 06:08:28 PST 2007

Karl M. Joch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have searched alot for a software to:
>
> - distribut configuration files from one master to different systems
> - maintain configuration files on one machine for all systemes and then send
> it out
> - push the files, not download them like cvsup
> - maintaining files for all systems and files only affecting one system
>
> any ideas and hints would be greatly appreziatet.

I've used cfengine for the past 4-5 years and can definately recommend
it, more info on http://www.cfengine.net

Cfengine maintains files and changes for a single system without
problems, however it is primarily made for generic changes across a
large number of systems, so if most of the changes are unique to each
host, you probably want to look at something else.

regards,

Søren