2 x quad-core system is slower that 2 x dual core on FreeBSD

Alexey Popov lol at chistydom.ru
Mon Nov 19 08:14:52 PST 2007

Hi.

Robert Watson wrote:
>> I tried SCHED_ULE, but got no difference:
> Did you see no change in throughput, or no change in reported CPU use?
No significant changes.

> We should probably take this thread to performance@ and get Kris
> involved.  He may be interested in trying to reproduce your workload in
> our testbed so we can perform measurements of our own, as well as
> getting you to provide profiling information.  One of the things we'd
> most like to have are nice potted benchmarks for real-world workloads,
> as that allows us to easily replay them, perform measurements, optimize,
> etc.
I can provide all profiling or configuration information you ask for.
Except I can't provide PHP site source codes.

Now I'm in situation that I can't install FreeBSD on all new servers
because they are all based on 2xquad-core processors and I can't be sure
it would work good.

With best regards,
Alexey Popov