Filesystems in 7.0 & reliability

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Thu Nov 15 02:41:00 PST 2007

Norberto Meijome wrote:
 > Any issues with ZFS on a single HD ?

I think it's currently not recommended to use swapfiles
on ZFS.  Other than that, I'm not aware of any issues.

 > any point doing that?

Sure!  Getting rid of static partition sizes, checksums
for everything (preventing silent corruption), the
ability to store multiple copies of important files,
compression, and lots of other useful things.

Best regards
   Oliver