FreeBSD 6.3 or FreeBSD 7.0

Claus Guttesen kometen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 03:33:52 PST 2007

> I see that 6.3 and 7.0 is comming. Now I'm using 6.2-RELEASE for
> my servers. To what should I upgrade? Which of them will be stable
> or production release?

I'm deploying FreeBSD 7 on my webservers, because they are
loadbalanced. But I will not deploy ver. 7 on my db-server until I get
to ver. 7.1. Other than that ver. 7 is very stable and I have not had
any reboots (using ufs as fs).

So if the server is very critical I would stay on the 6.x release-branch.

--
regards
Claus

the gentlest gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare