Trouble running Mathematica

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at math.missouri.edu
Sat Nov 10 07:30:29 PST 2007

When I run Mathematica 5.2 on FreeBSD RELENG_7 I get the following message:

/usr/local/mma52/SystemFiles/Kernel/Binaries/Linux/MathKernel: error
while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/librt.so.1: ELF file OS ABI invalid

It worked fine on RELENG_6.  Furthermore Mathematica 5.0 seems to work
fine on RELENG_7.

I have the usual set of linux emulation libraries installed (what is
pulled in by building the acroread7 port.)

Any ideas?  I'm really not sure how to go about diagnosing this apart
from running ldd, which doesn't seem to tell me much more.

Thanks, Stephen