No boot messages after upgrading to 7.0-BETA2

Byung-Hee HWANG bh at izb.knu.ac.kr
Sat Nov 10 05:28:15 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 17:13 +0100, AngryWolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Also i'm having 7.0-BETA2. But i have no such problems that you are
> > facing now. So i'll give you some more straight question. Did you
> > update /etc with mergemaster(8) after `make installworld'?
>
> Yes, I followed every commands in the howto, including these ones:
>
> mergemaster -p
> make installworld
> mergemaster
>
> Which worked well for most of my settings in /etc, but I had to readd my user
> account with pw manually, and kdm startup was gone in /etc/ttys, so I added
> it back:
>
> ttyv8   "/usr/local/bin/kdm -nodaemon"  xterm   on secure
>
> Anyway, it was the first time I used mergemaster.
>
> I have a backup of /etc.

For now, i have no good idea to solve your problems. But, i can give you
another hint. Actually i think that you might be some wrong point on
upgrading your machine. Can you please study following reference?

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-November/162187.html

Sincerely,

--
"I don't care what it costs. I don't care if we have to fight all the five
families in New York."