[FreeBSD 7.0-BETA1 and beyound] Rescue environment is non-functional on AMD64/Intel64

Wayne Chapeskie waynec at spinnaker.com
Wed Nov 7 14:26:06 PST 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 10:39:38PM +0200, Andrei Kolu wrote:
> To: freebsd-stable at freebsd.org

> Monday 05 November 2007 11:22:30 kirjutas Stefan Lambrev:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Andrei Kolu wrote:
> > > After some experimenting with BETA1/1.5 or whatever it is I encountered
> > > serious problems:
> > >
> > > 1. Emergency shell on tty3 is useless- not a single command is available.
> >
> > This is install CD not fixit CD. On istall CD emergency shell becomes
> > useful once you actually install those commands.

For BETA2, there is a separate livefs iso image available for amd64 and
ia64.  The i386 disc1 ISO's still include "Fixit" functionality, in the
usual place in the first sysinstall menu.  If the required packages take
up too much space for the i386 release, we will probably see a separate
livefs ISO for this as well.  Earlier releases or snapshots for the
amd64 and ia64 may not have had the same space constraints, and
perhaps included fixit/livefs functionality on the disc1 ISO.

> I don't want to start install process, I want to restore bootloader.
>
> # boot0cfg -B ad0

You will probably need the livefs ISO.

--
Wayne Chapeskie