Get packages from stabele tree via sysinstall

Dennis Melentyev dennis.melentyev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 02:45:48 PDT 2007

Hello Michael,

AFAIU, the problem is that 6.3-PRERELEASE does not have binary
packages built for it. It is intended for testing purposes. Just wait
for 6.3-RELEASE plus allow some time to build everything.

PS. There is Russian/Ukrainian speaking UA-FUG with some of FreeBSD
committers and big ISP professionals in members. See
http://uafug.org.ua

2007/10/31, Михаил Кипа <msnkipa at mail.ru>:
> I want to install precompiled packages via sysinstall. I have update my
> 6.2-RELEASE system with cvsup to 6.3-PRELEASE. Now I want to use sysinstall to
> install precompiled packages, but I get an error " Can`t find "6.3-PREREASE"
> on ..." (I use ftp!). So what release name I shoul use to get packages from
> 6-stable package collection?
> Mihail

Dennis Melentyev