release cycle

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue May 29 11:18:00 UTC 2007

On 2007-May-29 12:29:29 +0200, Erik Trulsson <ertr1013 at student.uu.se> wrote:
>A quick release cycle for a release from -STABLE sounds like a bad idea.
>There have been enough new things that have gone into the 6-STABLE branch
>that a full release cycle seems warranted.

Agreed.  6.3-RELEASE would nominally be due around July but the lack
of any schedule on http://www.freebsd.org/releng/ suggests that it will
be later than that.  The plans to start the 7.0-RELEASE cycle will also
impact this.

>I also think that it would be a bad idea to create *any* new release until
>after the X.org upgrade has settled down - it has not done that quite yet
>as far as I can tell.

Given the size of the upgrade, I think it has gone very smoothly, though
there _are_ a few rough edges.  A few weeks to a month should shake
things out.

--
Peter Jeremy