updating xorg-libraries 7.2 to 7.2.1

Shaun Branden shaun at pcuse.com
Sun May 27 12:53:23 UTC 2007

I just updated my system from xorg-libraries 7.2 to 7.2.1

root at sagan:xorg-libraries$ portversion -v|grep "<"
xorg-libraries-7.2          <  needs updating (port has 7.2_1)

and had a little trouble with portupgrade

===>  Cleaning for xorg-libraries-7.2_1
Read /usr/ports/UPDATING for the procedure to upgrade or install xorg
7.2.
*** Error code 1

until I used export XORG_UPGRADE=yes from /usr/ports/UPDATING.

Do I have to do this everytime I run portupgrade?

UPDATING says:
It is necessary to set the XORG_UPGRADE environment variable while
updating from xorg 6.9 to 7.2.  Once the upgrade is complete this
is no longer be required.

xorg 7.2 was installed on this system from scratch, ie no ports to start
with.

uname -a
FreeBSD sagan.cai 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #0: Fri May 25 20:45:33 CST 2007     shaun at sagan.cai:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SAGAN  i386

thanks