Some local rc scripts running twice

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Sun May 27 12:18:50 UTC 2007

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 03:48:50AM -0300, Duane Whitty wrote:
> Has anyone else encountered local rc scripts running
> twice?  I thought I saw something about this on one
> of the @freebsd.org lists but my search efforts haven't
> located it yet.

I think I first noticed it about a week ago, but I was rather caught up
in the X.org upgrade at the time, and didn't pursue it then.

I'm actually seeing it in both STABLE and CURRENT -- I track each (in
separate slices) on my laptop, using a common /usr/local.

Running "rcorder /etc/rc.d/* /usr/local/etc/rc.d/*" doesn't show
anything too bizarre.  There was one of the /etc/rc.d scripts where
rcorder claimed a "circular dependency," but I hacked that to avoid the
circularity, and the duplicate script invocation persists.

So I'm afraid I don't have much to add that's constructive.  :-(

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Anything and everything is a (potential) cat toy.