atapicam cd error from; ?was: freebsd-stable Digest, Vol 207, Issue 9

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri May 25 16:30:08 UTC 2007

Joe Altman wrote:
 > You have atapicam as a kernel module; and what version of atapi-cam.c?

No, I've always compiled it statically in my kernel.

 > It looks like this one is current: Revision 1.54

That's the HEAD version (in 7-current).

The version is RELENG_6 is 1.42.2.5, which is practically
identical to 1.53.  And the only difference between 1.53
and 1.54 (HEAD) is MPSAFE work by Scott Long.

 > So, Oliver, you are using (I think) the file touched by scottl on
 > 2007/05/02?

No, as I wrote, I'm using RELENG_6.

By the way, I am _not_ using k3b or any other krap.  ;-)

Best regards
   Oliver

Perl is worse than Python because people wanted it worse.
        -- Larry Wall