Corrupt fonts-alias (Re: xorg 7.2 start problem)

Mark Kirkwood markir at paradise.net.nz
Fri May 25 00:15:28 UTC 2007

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Grr, OK.  Well, you might have got it wrong, so we still need to see a
> portupgrade log from someone who followed the directions.

Kris,

FWIW - I followed the instructions in UPDATING - unfortunately I did 'em
pretty much as I read 'em... so I noticed the CAVEAT *after* the
upgrade and mergebase was complete - doh!

So I installed x11/xorg after the upgrade, and promptly got the 'cannot
open fixed'... which was sorted by reinstalling misc and font-misc-misc
and font-cursor-misc. Is installing xorg after the upgrade a likely
cause of problems?

Also, ahem, I didn't script the upgrade, so no log sorry :-(. I've got
another (6-STABLE) box to do later, so I'll log that one ... promise...

Cheers

Mark