Gigabyte GA-VM900M caveats

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Tue May 22 21:03:02 UTC 2007

Hi,

It seems in order to boot the 6.2-RELEASE cdrom on this system I need to
disable the USB2/ehci controller in the BIOS, otherwise it panics after
umass is detached during probe (I am attempting to boot from USB CDROM).

I was surprised that it didn't fail due to the protected mode boot2
issue which kib has resolved, however that real mode boot code is yet to
hit CVS.

If the VIA V-RAID BIOS is configured with a 'bootable array', raid does
not show up as I'd expect; I have to disable booting from the array in
order to get ar0 to show up. The array currently shows up as 'degraded'.

If there's a Wiki or something where this information may easily be
added please point me at it...

JFYI,
BMS