fast rate of major FreeBSD releases to STABLE

Philipp Ost pj at smo.de
Fri May 18 16:25:39 UTC 2007

John Walthall wrote:
> And let's not forget the infamous geometry bug!  For me, at least sysinstall
 > has always, 100% of the time, incorrectly detected my disc geometry.

Same here. I ignored it every time and got no problems at all...

> Sysinstall is adequate, nothing more, nothing less. I don't mean though, to
 > belittle the efforts of the developers; these days people are going to
> expect it to be polished on the order of YaST, which is ridiculous. Sysinstall
 > is functional.

Full ACK.

> Although irritated, variously, by every one of these issues, I am most concerned
 > about the geometry bug, it looks lackadaisical.

The only other concern I have is the
I-don't-know-which-field-is-in-focus-bug. But I have to admit that I
rarely use sysinstall, so I don't bother that much...

> If people have trouble with sysinstall-the-configuration-tool, perhaps they
 > might examine sysutils/webmin?

That my be true for post-installation situations, but it doesn't help
those people who want to *install* FreeBSD on their machines...

Just my 2 cent

Philipp
--
www.familie-ost.info/~pj