Hard Hang, nothing in logs / no panics

Roger Miranda rmiranda at digitalrelay.ca
Fri May 11 21:20:49 UTC 2007

On Friday 11 May 2007 16:00, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> See the developers handbook chapter on kernel debugging.

Kris,  I have gone through the kernel debugging sections of the developers
handbook.  The one problem is when I get a hard hang, I do not get any error
or panics.  And there is no crash or dump data on reboot. Yes. I have enabled
DDB and KDB and a dumpdir (in /etc/rc.conf)

Am I missing something in the kernel debugging section?  I see "11.9 Debugging
Deadlocks" talk about Deadlocks.  But at the time of the lock I have no way
of doing a ps or really anything as the system is locked up solid.

Roger