swap zone exhausted, increase kern.maxswzone

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Sat May 5 17:42:19 UTC 2007

Marc G. Fournier wrote this message on Sat, May 05, 2007 at 14:30 -0300:
> But, based on the 'default 70MB == 14G of configured swap' above .. I only have
> 8G of swap on that machine, which really makes it sound like this is an
> overflow from the other problem :(

If you do have 8gigs of swap, then you do need to increase the parameter..
The default is 7.7gigs of supported swap...  (assuming that struct swblock
hasn't changed size...  The maxswblock only limits it... If swap is more
than 8x memory, then changing kern.maxswzone will not fix it and will
require a code change...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579