FreeBSD vs Region Code DVDs

Ulrich Spoerlein uspoerlein at gmail.com
Fri May 4 16:04:24 UTC 2007

On 5/4/07, Craig Boston <craig at feniz.gank.org> wrote:
> This is a new drive, correct?  It's possible that the firmware has never
> been told what region it's in, and is refusing to read any protected
> discs from outside its region (which would be all of them).

I already tried Windows and Linux, to check if the drive would
actually work with retail DVDs at all. Windows told me the RC was set
to 2 (IIRC) and I *can* access the media (more or less) with
atausb(4), so I really think it is CAMs fault. But I'll give the
region-code program from Tijl a try this weekend.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, let's see which one will get me
further on this quest :)

Uli